A revolutionary new mirror-based system for small to medium forklifts that allows drivers to see around the load and sight the tines.
SUMOVision significantly reduces damage to goods and infrastructure while improving operational efficiency and safety.
SUMOVision is a clever and cost effective solution that saves time and money by improving productivity and safety. SUMOVision is good business for all materials handling environments, from small warehouses to large factories and everything in between.
- Remove guesswork from loading and unloading, even when high stacking and block stacking.
- Reduce the prevalence of load damage due to tine misalignment/puncturing.
- Save time unpacking/repacking goods associated with damaged containers.
- Overcome sightline obstructions caused by hydraulics and rams on forklift masts.
- Reduce driver and vehicle movement by increasing forward perspective.
- Simplify traffic management planning.
- Reduce costs for neck and back injuries, associated with driving backwards/twisting.
- Reduce insurance claims relating to damaged goods, infrastructure and pedestrian injury.
- Potentially minimise the use of spotters.
Using SUMOVision is intuitive, much like rear vision wing mirrors on everyday cars. Unlike other products, SUMOVision is always “on” and provides a real-time, real-light field of view.
Winner, 2014 Good Design Award.
In 2014 this unique vision system received a design award in the Commercial and Industrial category of the annual Australian Good Design Awards. With a proud heritage dating back to the Industrial Design Council of Australia (IDCA) established in 1958, the Australian Good Design Awards is recognised by the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (ICSID) as Australia’s peak design endorsement program.
The Good Design Awards is Australia’s longest standing national design award and promotion program.
Choosing the right SUMOVision product for your operations
Whatever your business application, there is a SUMOVision model that’s right for your workplace needs. The degree of forward vision you want is further enabled by the bracket choice and multiple adjustment setting of the extender arm.
SUMOVision SlimView (1 tonne to 3.5 tonne)
- When operating in tight areas and when sighting the tines for accuracy of handling is important, the SUMOVision SlimView model affords the driver greater control.
- Due to its ingenious design, the SUMOVision System does not need to protrude beyond the footprint of the vehicle for close proximity work.
- For greater forward view, the extension arm can be easily micro-adjusted to extend outwards; with only 10 cm lateral extension the driver has an extended forward view while still being able to drive the vehicle.
SUMOVision WideView (1 tonne to 3.5 tonne and 10-12 tonne range)
- Where space allows the SUMOVision WideView may be more suitable. The WideView allows best forward vision, extending from close tines proximity and/or where more forward directional view is needed. Wideview mirrors are best for more open operations that extends from and beyond the tines at ground area to the vertical rise and forward view range.
- SUMOVision WideView models can be used across both small and large forklift model ranges
- Suits dual front wheel units.
- Sidestackers can use a single unit for forward view
|Common benefits across the SUMOVision range|
|Using SUMOVision is intuitive and requires limited training. Similar to using rear vision wing mirrors on cars.||The state-of-the-art clutch design enables the mirrors to be set and locked. If the mirror is knocked or moved, it can be easily returned to the set position.||Unlike safety camera options, SUMOVision is always “on” and provides a real-time real-light field of view. SUMOVision needs no power source and limited maintenance.||SUMOVision can be easily mounted to the forklift mast or mechanically fixed to the mast.|